Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gaudy or Nice?

The fall fashion trend that I have seen pop up for a few falls in a row, Is black and gold. This fall they seem to be embellishing  black dresses and accessories with extravagant gold detail. Some of this clothing (mainly by Dolce and Gabbana) have an 18th century aristocratic flair to it. Does all that gold make these clothes a little bit gaudy or is it a lavish new style to embrace?

Dolce & Gabbana, fall 2012.
Dolce and Gabbana, Fall 2012

Fall 2012 Accessories


I think this trend can be worn in every day life so its not so overwhelming. Personally if I were to wear this trend I would wear the black and gold accessories with a solid colored outfit. If I were to wear the black and gold on an article of clothing it would be a black and gold bustier with a solid color to drowned out the flashiness.

What do you think about this fall trend? I'm Dying to know!

1 comment:

  1. I like Gold accents, and as Jewelery. Nothing over the top and gaudy. :)

    ReplyDelete